Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Goodbye!

I just wanted to take a minute to say Goodbye! I haven't posted since March, and I just haven't felt like writing. Too many other things on my to-do list. But I'm still sewing! Maybe even sewing more. I just finished my 5th pair of ginger jeans, and I've been wearing this pair non-stop. Working on a casual jacket now. Also a few months back I won the most amazing (and very expensive) Pfaff sewing machine. Sews like a dream. I feel so lucky and so spoiled now. I also took another trip to New York in the fall and added to my fabric collection (had to sit on my suitcase to get it closed! So much great fabric!! Thankfully plane tickets to NYC are surprisingly cheap flying out of my city!). I'm hoping to reorganize my sewing space in the new year and hope to make a cutting table so I can stop cutting on the floor. (If you're still cutting with scissors, stop and get a rotary cutter and large cutting mat asap. So much better!) I'd also like to get a dress form, buy a book or craftsy class, and try my hand at draping. So that's what I've been up to. I'm just posting on instagram now. It's mainly photos and much less text. If you're not on it you should join! If you are on it and I'm not following you already, please let me know your username! 

Follow me at "soisewedthis" on instagram

I still really enjoy reading everyone's blogs (usually during breaks at work and sadly my web browser doesn't always like to let me post comments). But I'm letting this blog go. I've been thinking about my priorities, how I spend my time, simplifying, and this blog just fell by the wayside, so I'm letting it go. It's been fun, and thank you for all the helpful comments and tips. I've certainly learned a lot! Anyway, hugs! And let me know if I can find you on instagram!



2 comments:

  1. I was just about to start a blog when Instagram really took off - so I hear ya! We're following each other there - yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays to you and happy 2016! I'll look forward to keeping up with your adventures on IG!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I welcome any advice, insights, witty remarks, snarky comebacks, commiserations or just a quick hello. I'd love to check out your blog as well, so let me know where you're posting. Happy sewing!